Frequently Asked Questions

What is Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) funding?

The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) defines Specialist Disability Accommodation as accommodation for people who require specialist housing solutions that meet their extreme functional impairment or very high support needs. If you have SDA funding included in your NDIS plan, you can source the SDA you require and choose from the market. Your SDA funding will cover the home itself, not the support services you may need. For more information, visit 

What Is The NDIS?

The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Is A New Way Of Funding Services And Supports For People With Disability. If You Are Aged Under 65 And You Have A Disability You May Be Eligible For NDIS Funding To Support You.​

What is Supported Independent Living (SIL)?

Supported Independent Living (SIL) is funding for assistance with, or supervision of tasks of daily life in a shared living environment to help you develop skills to live as independently as possible. The level of funding you receive is dependent on your level of needs, as well as the number of people living in the shared setting.

Compare listings